Regular dental care is ESSENTIAL. CLICK HERE to schedule your cleaning online.
Find Success with Braces by Using These 7 Tips
If you are looking for a way to improve your experience with braces, we have a way to help you! To keep your orthodontic journey convenient and successful, we recommend that you keep a little hand bag with you throughout the day. If you have the following items in your bag, you will have a better experience that will help you love your braces more and more each day:
1. Toothbrush and toothpaste: Don’t forget your toothbrush and toothpaste! It is very easy to get food stuck in your braces, but it is nothing to worry about if you brush your teeth after each meal. If you consistently brush your teeth, you will have a clean, beautiful smile that radiates throughout the day.
2. Floss: Flossing is a very important task that we ask you to do at least once a day. Not only will it help you keep your teeth healthy and strong, but it will also free the excess food that cannot be freed in the process of brushing.
3. Orthodontic wax: Sometimes braces can poke and bother you throughout the day, which is completely normal but is also unnecessary and inconvenient. If you place your orthodontic wax over the area that is bothering you, you will feel better in no time!
4. Chapstick: Chapstick is a very handy item to have in your hand bag. With braces, your lips are likely to chap and crack. If you keep your lips moistened throughout the day with chapstick, you will have the smooth, fresh lips you deserve.
5. Mirror: If you keep a small mirror with you throughout the day, there won’t be a need to go to the restroom just to check your braces. Braces do require extra attention, but if you keep a mirror with you, you can check your braces at any time and you won’t need to waste your time and effort taking trips to the lady or men’s rooms.
6. Mouth guard: If you are a musician or athlete, it is strongly recommended to wear a mouth guard. By wearing a mouth guard, your lips, cheeks, teeth, and tongue will be protected while you are playing your sports and instruments.
7. Your smile: Last but not least, don’t forget to smile! Many people are insecure because of their braces, but that doesn’t mean you have to be one of them. Braces are very common, and people are more likely to notice your mouth if you try to hide your smile. Go throughout your day and be proud! Show that beautiful smile off to the world and don’t be ashamed of your process of transformation.
To learn more about ways to improve your smile, call our office today and talk to a member of our orthodontic team. We look forward to giving you the best possible experience with braces!